- Tools for Patrons
- Tools for Libraries
- Tools for Trustees
- On-Demand Board Consultations
- Trustee Handbook
- Useful Handouts
- LTA (Library Trustees Association)
- Public Library Law in New York State
- United for Libraries (Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends, and Foundations)
- Committee on Open Government
- New York Library Trustees Online
- About Us
Library Policy Resources
American Library Association
- Library Bill of Rights
"The American Library Association affirms that all libraries are forums for information and ideas, and that the following basic policies should guide their services."
- Interpretations of The Library Bill of Rights
"Although the Articles of the Library Bill of Rights are unambiguous statements of basic principles that should govern the service of all libraries, questions do arise concerning application of these principles to specific library practices."
- ALA Code of Ethics
"The library boards' ultimate responsibility is to ensure and protect the reputation of the institution - best realized through the adoption of clearly written library policies. Written policies provide consistency for patrons and staff, help to resolve misunderstandings, reduce incidents of conflict and help to protect from litigation."